Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whooo Hoooo

Cleveland Rocks! I'm really, really happy with the outcome of the 1/2 marathon today. I had a great time running with a new friend and I actually beat my Columbus marathon time by 1:30, and beat my goal of finishing before the full marathon first runner!!! Wow, he was smokin' down to the finish chute!

Unofficial time..........2:11:10.............in the cold rain!!!

Yeah! Very happy with that!!

Had a little cramping in my abdomen (same as in Columbus) around mile 8. Just really tried focusing on something other than that and was able to just forget about it. The finish was fun, since my friend Christi had never run a big race before, so she was beaming!

I will say that I really think the Columbus marathon was much more enjoyable from the stand-point of spectators and entertainment. The people were just amazing in Columbus, many, many, more than in Cleveland!

I have pictures to post from the entire busy crazy day, but for now I'm heading to bed. I ate at Eddie's Grill, and just finished some ice cream, and I'm feeling really tired. Couldn't be all the junk food could it??? Nah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Sorry, I hate to be a jerk, but did you mean 2:11? BECAUSE 1:11 IS ROCKIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Nice PR anyway!

9:11 PM  
Blogger crazy tri mama said...

Ah Yeah Steve......little, eensy, teensy typo! 1:11 would put this gal in the hospital. I changed it to 2:11........which is still a great time for me! Thanks!!!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home