Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fundraising and Training

Well, I had a fundraiser last night. 2 people in attendance. I prayed today for some idea what to do about this. I still have 850.00 to raise and I have about 4 days to do it.

I am an optomist people and I will not go down without a fight. I just think my fight started a bit too late. I'm really afraid that 5 days from now I'm going to be typing that I've pulled out. Pulling out is not my style, but I also cannot afford that kind of money to be put on my credit card.....which if you don't know about TNT........that's what happens. If I don't raise the money, I committ to it being charged to me. I just cannot do that to my family. I have to pull out on Friday if the money isn't there.

This brings up how I tell folks that gave me money that I won't be running with the team. I know that they gave to the cause not to me, but the idea is to use the cause to raise the money for needed research to crush Leukemia and Lymphoma while at the same time getting me in the uniform and across the finish line. I'm no dummy, I know that the folks who gave to LLS on my behalf care about me and care about what happens.........so, I will continue to fight during the next 4 days and I will let you know the outcome.

I will run the race regardless of the fundraising outcome. I ran my scheduled 8 miles yesterday instead of over the weekend. It was very cold yesterday morning, and the run got done, it wasn't pretty, but 8 bad miles is better than no miles in my book right now. I'm not competing to win any prizes on the awards stand, this is all about the distance, not the speed! My back has been very sore the past 3 days and I did not work out today because of it. I'm hoping today off will help. It doesn't feel as bad tonight as it did this morning, so we'll see tomorrow.

I've not been very funny or light lately, it's just where I am right now. That is okay to me! I am realizing that who I am becoming is so much better than I've ever been. Holding on to who and what I once was is ridiculous I know, but I've been trying that recently and I've resolved to let that girl go. She was a great girl, but the woman emerging is absolutely fabulous!!! I've been doing a lot of thinking and less talking lately, and I'm getting comfortable with that. I really enjoy who I am and what God is doing in me..........growing pains are sometimes hard and painful, but the end result is amazing if you let the growth happen and don't fight it.

Regardless of the outcome of all these things, I know that I am supported and loved by many. Thank you for all you do for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I've been out of the loop myself for a while and am just catching up. I don't know what happened with the LLS fundraising, but you DO have it right: that your peeps gave to the CAUSE, not to you and they are OK with you not competing. You can be OK with it too. It wasn't the "plan", but it is OK, and God smiled nonetheless because He knows your HEART.
Sigh, take a deep breath, this is OK. Thank you so much for caring.
xoxo

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home