Saturday, April 12, 2008

Training

I re-introduced my bottom to my friendly little red bike this week. It's been quite a few months, since the two have been in such close proximity to one another. Since I trained for a 1/2 marathon in the fall, and have been running all winter in prep for the Cleveland, I have to admit that the biking and swimming have not been regular parts of the training schedule. So....the red bike was lonely and she got a ride on Wednesday. Granted it was a short one.......25 minutes then 15 minutes on the treadmill. Ahhh an actual brick workout......ouch, been way too long.

Running going well. I did only 3.5 this morning, in 29:55. The route I chose is one I'm very familiar with. Down to then a bit passed the Harbor Library and back. It's along the lake and it was a bit windy this morning, but it felt great to be outside. The 3 mile part of the route is one that I mapped back in 04 when I started running. I remember struggling on that run so many times. It's amazing where I've come in the past 4 years. 65 pounds....gone, doubts about my life...gone, afraid of living mylife....gone. I really am a different girl. One that I like now, and one that I know can inspire others, especially my great kids. I dont' think I'm inspirational because of anything that I've done, but more so for how I live. I want others to know it's not about what we do, it's really about how we live. Love ourselves, and each other, but more importantly love God and all that He has done and can do in our lives, if we just let go and stop trying to control our lives all by ourselves.

I enjoy doing my long runs on Tuesday now. It really fits well, so I'll continue that. Most people like that long run on the weekend, but I really like to see my family on the weekend......crazy I know. 5 weeks until the Cleveland 1/2 marathon. Looking forward to running free!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger triguyjt said...

hi....its tough for me to get in long run on weekend too...I do the same as you sometimes.....

Have to admit, my bike is still hanging upside down in the garage. except for spin classes and a quick run after those...thats it for the bricks i have been getting....

I have raced at ashtabula several times over the years....I like the town... good luck in your training...

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home