Sunday, March 30, 2008

Not a Failure, just a Journey

I gave it a great shot, and have raised 900.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, but I must pull out of the Team In Training experience. I just cannot guarantee myself or my husband that I can raise 700.00 more in the next 3 weeks. I'm really kind of upset with myself that I didn't make this goal, but I also have great friends who have reminded me that the past few months of my life have been pretty atypical for my family, in dealing with some major issues! I train, work, raise kids, care for a home, work on extra stuff at the kid's schools and at church........I'm workin' a smidge over my limit right now, so I'm going to cut myself some slack and not allow myself to get beat up over this decision. Race day will still bring 13.1 miles and yes I'll be a bit envious of the purple TNT team all over the place, but I do not have 700.00 laying around anywhere right now.

I have lots of lose ends to tie up with this decision, mainly contacting the folks who have donated to my cause to let them know that even though I won't be with the TNT team they have dontated to a very worthy cause. Leukemia and Lymphoma continue to devastate families around the world and I feel great about the work that I've done to help raise funds for research to end these dreaded diseases. Thank you to all my friends and family who donated to the cause and please pray for John (my inspiration for getting back into TNT) as he keeps fighting for his life and his dreams.

1 Comments:

Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I'm so sorry you are backing out of the TNT group. But I totally understand. The $900 you did raise will go a long way and for that I (and countless others) thank you very much.
xoxo
Jenny

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home