Thursday, April 24, 2008

Will it ever happen?

It just pulls me in.

Since I saw Ironman Hawaii when I was about 10 years old, I've thought about how incredible it would be to accomplish something like that.

I've had points in the past 2 years that I've said I can do that. I've also had times in the past 2 years where a sprint triathlon is all I think I can ever handle.

I don't know what God has in store for this dream of mine. I just know that this guy really motivated me tonight. He has awesome insight and motivation on preparation and performance of Ironman. And the passion in his motivation is one that would really drive me to keep pluggin' along as well.

God has given me this compassion for those who are sick and fighting for their every minute of life. I pray this compassion is not needed in my household or in those close to me. But, I don't know that. No guarantees of any of that.

No guarantees of life.

No guarantees of breath.

No guarantees of tomorrow.

No guarantees of Ironman or any dream.

Will it ever happen?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger triguyjt said...

crazy trimama...

great post... first of all. god has prepared you for this moment. everything you have done, everyone you have had contact with, every workout, race you have done has prepped you for this moment.
this is the tipping point..the teeter totter point. do you tip to the one side and say,...ahh maybe, but its too much work..or do you tip the other way?? god put compassion in your heart to help others, but he wants you to help you..realize your dreams, your desires...
i often think i fall short..but i always get another chance. google john maclean and you'll see someone who teetered toward greatness despite a monumental physical breaking point..

have a great day in good old ashtabula

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home