Monday, May 19, 2008

What did you do on Sunday May 18th??


I don't know what you did yesterday, but my day was packed full of fun things to do. Ceito and I got up at 4am and prepared for getting our fam out the door for a rainy, cold drive into Cleveland. We picked up Christi and her family on the way and headed for the marathon. We had a great race and finished in 2 hours 11 minutes.
Up above is a post race pic. We got no pre or during pictures due to the wet conditions. Yes I blocked out my number after realizing that anyone within seconds can find me online. I'm not a freak, I just know that there are some real freaks in the world.
After the race we then jumped in the van and got home in time for a shower and a brief sit down......no pictures of that!!

We then headed over to Bug's school for her preschool graduation. It was much less emotional for me than I expected. I had a few times of "Oh no don't lose it now girl", but I held it together.
Here are Ceito and I awaiting the Pomp and Circumstance. Winks actually took this picture. What a good little photographer!

This is her class before graduation. She is first row on the left. That cap became a really funny item during graduation when it would not stay on her head.



Here's Winks waiting for the arrival of the graduates.My big boy. I still remember the day that he went through the same graduation. Seems like just yesterday he wore the little cap and gown that Bug now wears.
They finally came in. I got more of a picture of the girl in front of her. But can't delete it 'cause it's the only one I got. Not such a good action photographer!


Bug and a few of her girlfriends from her class.
The Graduate! She practiced her smile in the van on the way to graduation. She decided on the closed lip one! It says I'm happy, but not thrilled to be leaving preschool! She kept her arms tucked inside that gown too!
After the ceremony they sat and had a little snack. Ever since I became a mom I've really wondered why every single event in a kids life ends with a snack. They play 1 hour of tee ball, they get a snack; one hour of sunday school........snack; one hour of sitting on a stage.....snack. EEIIYYIII...........stop with the snacks already. Actually most of these events are really followed by a "treat", not a "snack". These are 2 words I have tried really hard to differentiate with my kids and anyone who feeds them on a normal basis. Okay I'm off my soap box!
We had a great day. We worked hard to make it all happen and it went really well.


After graduation we had dinner at Eddie's grill. Now I NEVER have eaten a burger at this place. For the most part I eat pretty clean. I try hard not to eat very many processed foods and I very, very rarely eat red meat. I prefer fish and chicken over red stuff. But, earlier this weekend I decided to try a cheeseburger at Eddie's. I thought about it a lot during the 1/2 marathon actually. I was looking forward to it, and I ordered it with fries. I gotta tell ya...........it was soooo worth the wait. I really liked it! It was melt in your mouth good. I'm watering up right now just thinking about it.


It will be a long time before I have an eating evening like that again though because after the burger, fries, rootbeer, and a DQ blizzard I was miserable! It's okay to go off track every once in a while, and it's a quick reminder that your belly just can't handle food like that anymore. I'll be working on getting my innerds back to normal for several days I would think.


This is what Crazy TriMama looks like after going crazy for several weeks in a row. I hope she gets her eyebrows back down where they belong very soon!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger triguyjt said...

hey there....
2:11 rocks...great job and you also had some graduation fun to boot...
your kids are too cute

I didn't mind the rain..and the cold was just about at the border of brrrrrrr if you let it get to you..but for running it was great...

as for your kids and snacks.. don't we do that too.
run 4 miles get a gu..run 5 more..some gatorade..run more..bananas, nuts, apples....
snacks, snacks and more snacks..



i can only imagine how the columbus marathon is with all the support..that must have been cool.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home