Friday, May 23, 2008

Beach, Baseball and some training

Last night the kids and I went to one of our favorite places...............The Beach!! Yep, it was a bit chilly and windy and the lake was kickin', but we just wanted to say helloooo to a friend. We really missed that beach this winter. It was a long cold winter and we are really ready to get to that beach in our suits and with the buckets and shovels. They wanted to take the buckets and shovels last night, but I was not ready to dig 'em out yet, so we grabbed the pup and our jackets and headed out.

The kids did a great job introducing Sophie to the water. They threw rocks and she stepped in after a few, but was a bit timid when the waves came rolling in hard and loud. Still cute though!
A little beach running!!
Getting a pretty good work out!


One of their favorite things about this particular beach is the tire swing. It twists and swings at the same time and makes for a great laugh for them. They are still small enough to fit in one together which is fine by me, those things are hard to push!!
Throw your head back and laugh kinda fun!! Ahhh childhood!!
Running down the "boardwalk". The beach is pretty dirty right now. Lots of winter stuff laying around. I can't wait until summer...........ahhh...........they use a beach cleaning machine on this beach and it makes the sand so soft and thick! Can't wait, oh yeah I already said that!


A great night with two great kids!

Bug's first tee ball game was last friday. Winks played at the same time on a field right beside hers. It was crazy! I took a chair to sit in, but never sat down. Too worried about what was going on in both games. Winks had a great game. He continues to hit the ball well. He runs harder to first base now that he knows he might get out! He's come a long way in one year.
Bug's game was just plain cute. Those little kids are clueless, but they are so darn cute. She hit the ball well. The first time up the coach forgot she was left handed and had her hit from the right side of the tee. She still hit it, even with us yelling from the outfield, "she's left handed!" Oh well, switch hitter training!! I think she was bored in the field. One of her preschool friends was throwing dirt at her, so she threw it back!!
Here she is in the uni. Lookin' like a real slugger!

Warm up time. She just started throwing with her right hand so she is confused about which hand to put the glove on. She hits everything (baseballs, golf balls....) with a left hand stance, so we thought she was purely left handed for sports. Well, after Ceito saw her throwing again a few weeks ago his coaching skills came out and he said he thinks she's a right hand thrower. Well I already bought the cute pink left handers glove!!! Now she has to use Winks' old glove, and come to terms with putting the brown thing on her left hand!! Poor confused child!
There's Winks grinning through it all!
Then on the other field Bug got hit in the head with the ball during warm up. Poor child still can't figure out to put that brown thing on her left hand and catch the ball with it. She was okay. Daddy fixes everything!!
There she is throwing with her right hand. She talks to herself....."step and throw, step and throw"..........ahhh cute, even with the ugly brown thing on her left hand!
On a training note...........got back to running on Wednesday. Planned on getting started on Tuesday but the 1/2 mary really knocked out my left leg. My left calf really was pretty angry with me until yesterday. I forced myself onto the treadmill on Wednesday morning and did 2 miles. First 1/2 mile was painful, but after that I felt fine. I was tight, even after stretching for 1 hour each on Monday and Tuesday. I did a very painful cross friction massage on Wednesday night followed by some ice. Ran 3 miles last night on the treadmill again (at 6.0 to 6.3 mph) and felt really good.
Christi called right when I was getting started and I talked to her during my warm up. She also said that she had been tired this week too. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that she went to the Cleveland Zoo right after running a 1/2 marathon would it??? I thought I was crazy. She makes me feel sane!!!
I feel really good this morning. It's the first morning I haven't felt stiff and tired. I think all the added stress I've had in my life in the past few months added to the fatigue I felt after the race. This race really ended a whirlwind month for me. I finally feel relaxed! Even got on the scale this morning and smiled!! Stress, fatigue really gone for now!
Will run in the Lift Bridge 5K on Monday, followed by a few 5K's here and there. First Triathlon??? Looking for something in the beginning of July. 2nd will be July 20th right here in Ashtabula. Still looking for 1-2 triathlons in August and September. I believe I will run the Columbus 1/2 marathon in October. That was a fun race. Cleveland was fun too, Columbus just feels like home! It reminds me of my childhood and going to work with my mom and looking at all the beautiful buildings...........and COSI trips too!!!
That's all for now!!


1 Comments:

Blogger runninfool said...

Tiff, glad to hear you are considering the Columbus 1/2. Besides Kim and Ronnie, I have 3 others from work considering it. Jess is one of them. Maybe we can all do some longer runs together in the fall.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home