Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sha-bing, Sha-bang, I lost the funk!

If you're into training, you know that sometimes you can get into a funk. I have been in such a funk for the past month or so. I blame it on this crazy weather, and that darn treadmill!

I hate eating right, I hate training, I hate running, I hate that Cleveland Marathon is in May (only 2 months!!!) I HEART sleeping in!

Sometimes a change of scenery works, sometimes a change of pace, or even just eating some junk will work (only for a day, though!)

So on Monday I drove 15 miles from home and parked my "smokin-hot" minivan at a little store, and put that ipod on and just ran. It felt so good to see new things, and to feel cold air on my face. 6 miles out in the country was better than 6 miles at home on a familiar route, with familiar scenery. Sometimes, familiarity works in a funk, but this was not that kind of funk.

Training will always have highs and lows. Life will throw a well planned out schedule into a tail-spin instantaneously...........it's how we react to those changes that either make us stronger, or just put us into a funk. I continue to grow in this area, and I look forward to the day when life alters a plan, and I always chose to react positively and stay the course. I'm not there right now. I've been there in the past, and can get back to that with determination and focus.

For right now, I'm just happy that I know how to get out of a funk even if it's only a temporary reprive!

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

YEAH for becoming Funk-Free!!!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home