Saturday, March 08, 2008

Recent Pictures

No Power?? No Problem......."I'll take my woobie, the comics, a cup of coffee, a big blanket, and a cute hat and sit by the fire for 2 days!"

No Power??? No Problem, "I'll take my dad's big chair, my baggy sweats, my spidey hat, and my DS and get mush-brain for 2 days!"


No I'm not into blue collar guys, but this guy I could have kissed and would have given him hot coffee if I had power. This is over top of our garage on day 2 of no power. Within 2 hours of this guy wigglin' up this pole, my furnace was runnin' again....ah, thank you dude with the necessary, but condom looking hat on your head!

This picture has nothing to do with the ice storm, but was too cute not to include. Bug's last ballet class for this session was on Monday and she showed mommy and daddy her passion once again.....the girl just loves to dance, and really doesn't care who is looking, 'cause she's gonna do her thing..........love that about her!!

Bug took this picture of me (thus the no head) and my newest running partner.......please meet Sophie Lynn a cute little chocolate Lab who is gonna be a great dog once she stops peein' on my floor and chewin' on my hands!

Ice Storm Cometh

Crazy Ice storm on Tuesday night put our town on its backside for 3 days. No power at our house for 2 days. Lots of travel issues, and of course no school for anyone....yah!

This is a picture looking down our tree lined street. All those trees are pretty in the summer, but in a situation like we had on Tuesday they could have been deadly!



One part of a big tree came down inches from our house. Our bedroom is on the other side of that porch and we could hear branches cracking like fireworks and dangling on the roof of our house.


Front of the house. Pictures do no justice to the amount of debris here.


Lots of Firewood!


Blessed Beyond measure with the protection of God!

We actually enjoyed ourselves in the aftermath of the storm. If Ceito didn't have to bail the sump pump, or get up in the middle of the night to keep the fire going it would have been perfect. No stress about what needs to be done, 'cause it's not getting done, and no one expects it to get done. The fire place is no longer a luxury at our house. I see it as a necessity now! It's big and it can blow some hot air. Thanks to our friends who gave us some wood, since we had run out about a month ago. We have lots now!!!

As I type this I am hearing the weather report regarding the "blizzard like" snow storm we got yesterday, today, and will continue through tomorrow morning. About 2 feet of snow. It's really just crazy, and I CANNOT WAIT to get out in it tomorrow. Love it, Love it, Love it!! I'll take snow over ice anyday kids!!

God Bless you all!



3 Comments:

Blogger "icalzin"-BUD said...

Nice pic's of the kids, crazy Girl,your street looks very serene on such an otherwise dreary winter day, so much for global warming,eh?
So this winter will go down in the history books as the 'blizzard of 08', don't burn all your firewood at once, after the hot dogs there are marshmellows!!

BUD

10:07 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Love the pictures, of course my favorites are of D & A, but the one of your street - you should enlarge and frame. I love those kinds of pics. Anyway, we're over our 'blizzard of 2008'; solid snowing for over 24 hours, the drifts are all over the place, but thankfully - no ice! All day yesterday I kept saying "Thank you Lord for the snow instead of ice." Penny is having a great time going out and romping in it. I'm actually thinking of going out myself today, we've gotta get the vehicles out so I can get to work tomorrow. Glad you were protected from your trees. I'm praying our little trees survive this winter, they were doing so well in the summer. Love you all, MOM.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Gotta talk about Sophie Lynn! Very cute and growing fast! My 'training partner' Penny is only able to do about an hour of walking though. Those short legs wear out very quickly. So for the really long walks, she's going to have to stay home - which she will not like at all!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home