Saturday, March 08, 2008

Team In Training Update

Just a quick update regarding my Team In Training efforts.

Training is going well. I've decided to do the 1/2 instead of the full. I really hate training in the winter, and was getting behind in training for the full marathon. Beating myself up about it was not helping, so I took off some stress and decided to go for the 1/2 instead of the full. I'm okay with that decision now. At first I felt like a failure. But there aren't many people who train for or complete even a 5K let alone a 1/2 marathon. So, I'm over it!

Fundrasing is about to heat up again. I really put it on the backburner. But, just got my re-committment forms and must have it all complete in about 3 weeks in order to re-commit to Team In Training. I need $1,000.00 more. Think I can raise a grand in 3 weeks. Stay tuned to find out. I still have yet to send out about 50 more letters (don't know why I waited), so I'm really hoping that it all comes together. If you haven't gotten a letter yet.....look out it's comin'!

God Bless you and thanks for checking in with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Good choice on re-focusing your training instead of beating yourself up for the slow-downs. You can do it! I never imagined that I could do those kinds of things when I was younger, but now, I feel like I can also succeed in my own half-marathon (walking-type). I get really psyched up and imagine myself starting it, walking in the middle of it, finishing it! I've got to get some cool shorts and shirts to do it, though. Maybe I can come up for a 'shopping day' soon, since I don't know what is cool, but functional marathon wear! Love you, keep at it!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home