Sunday, October 07, 2007

Can. She. Do. It?

Yes. She. Did!

Set out for my longest run in about 6 months yesterday. 10.7 miles. Not a lot to some, but a lot for me right now. Left the music and the watch at home (thought hard about the music, but glad I left it). This was a solo run so I was a tad nervous about covering the distance alone, but I got it done.

I dropped water bottles at 3.5 and 6.2 and those really were my goals......make it to each one, walk about 1/8 of mile, then run again. It started out great along the lake.....nice breeze. Then, I turned south and the 84 degree heat hit me hard. I kept running though and got to 6.2 pretty soaked. I walked a bit more than I wanted to after the water stop at 6.2, but kids it was just blazin' hot, and I really didn't care who saw me walkin'!!!!

I'm happy with how it went. I have no qualms about the time since I don't know what the time was. I really just wanted to run it without thinking about it, and that's all that matters. I know I won't get pulled off the course. I can maintain a 9:50-10:00 min. mile pretty comfortably. I did come home and check weather predictions for Columbus on the 21st, but it's too far out. I'm hoping for 60-65 degrees, no rain. So, I'll probably get 80 degrees in a snow storm...yeah, I know that makes no sense but that's the point!!

Yankees just went up by 2 and I'm not happy about that!! This is INDIAN SUMMER, no Yanks allowed! Kick 'em down, then fire Torre!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good job on your run. 10.7 miles on 10/7? Clever.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Much as I hate to say it, Go Cleveland! I did Columbus twice--both times it was COLD! Below 20 degrees. Keep hoping!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home