Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day Done!!

I'm so happy that the first day of this semester is over. I always get so worked up about getting started then when I finally get started it's really just great! I'm anxious to see how my power point lectures go tomorrow. I'm hoping that I will get the chance to get to the lecture room early enough to get completely comfortable with the equipment. I've never used power point to lecture before so it should be fun!

Winks starts first grade tomorrow. I can hardly believe that it is happening! He's much more excited now than he was a few weeks ago. He found out that his best friend will be in his class again so he is happy about that. He has 2 very loose teeth and I'm a tad bit nervous that they may come out at school this week, and that may be an issue. He has vaso-vagal syncope, which basically means that in times of stress or anxiety he faints. It's a neurological response that you never see coming, just have to know when it might happen. Seeing blood is definitely one of those times that are chancy for him. Best I can do is prepare his teacher for it and pray for a soft landing!

The Bug starts second year of preschool next week, and she remains clueless about the whole thing. I really am concerned that kindergarten next year will be a huge shock because she is the most social little thing I have met! She just loves to talk and to make friends. She knows that she is going to school, and her thoughts are just on making friends. She practiced shaking hands with me at the dinner table last night, "Hi my name is Ali, what's yours?" Too cute, the first time. Then it got old. I'm thinking her teacher may think the same thing!!! I took her for a hair cut on Saturday and it is just adorable! Think, 4 year old Victoria Beckham! Very cute!!! Daddy was in shock, and I think still is, but it looks so much healthier and thicker. She should be able to grow it out long without it looking too scraggly now. Let hope, 'cause I think daddy will not allow another major cut!!

So life continues to snowball and run forward like a semi-truck on a 45 degree angle with no brakes. I'm so surprised to be almost to Labor Day. I saw Halloween costumes and candy at the store the other day. Please people.............you cannot tell me that people buy their halloween candy this early! If they do, you know it's not the same candy they will give out at halloween! They will have a waistline to prove it too!!! Come on, slow down!!

I've been following some folks who did Ironman Kentucky on Sunday, and once again am tempted to push myself to that. I want it, but don't know if I have it in me. I guess I won't know if I don't try. But, I'm just not there yet. I really think if a do a 1/2 iron distance I would be happy at this point. I can wrap my head around that pretty easily. I'm continuing to think about it and think that next fall may be a good time to do that. Ceito has yet to hear this information, so I will discuss with him before making a committment. The Columbus 1/2 marathon training is going well, so I think the outcome of that race will weigh into the decision as well.

Out for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

V. Beckham just wishes she was as beautiful as my granddaughter!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home