Monday, September 03, 2007

Pass the check book....make that the credit card.....ohhhh, just give me a box of kleenex!

So I have a new best friend.

She is a friend I had in high school some.....huh, humph....yeah, 20 years ago.

She was a sweet, kinda sneaky friend in high school, one of those girls who didn't say much but when she did it really had a lot of uumph behind it.

She is funny and sassy as a remember too. She's the kinda girl who would catch you off guard.

She caught me off guard on Friday!

She lives in KONA boys and girls, yeah K-O-N-A, Kona, Hawaii - that little place where they have that great big race, THE race, the finish it even if you have to do a little do-do in your pants race. I don't care what kind of triathlete you are you want to be at this race just to say you saw it! Well kids...........I've been invited!!!!

Yes my friend just happens to be tooling around our alumni web site picks up my blog address and takes a peek, finds out I'm one of those freaks that like to do that kind of race that just happens to bike past her house TWO TIMES, and sends me a little e-mail!

So, I'm at school and get this e-mail from her and I start flipping out. I think I may have peeed by pants a bit even. "you can stay at our house and I'll even feed you", "the bikes go past the house 2 times" ........ I was envisioning me and my Ceito sitting on a little blanket, enjoying a little drink of something with an umbrella in it watching all the legs go by......too exciting!

"Of course we'll come!!" "I'll just check on flights".......................ohhhh you have got to be kidding me, I'm going to see it live.............no way, I'm too excited.................get...................... out................the..............credit...........card....................BAM........$700.00each!!
put.....the....credit.....card....away!.....................and pass the kleenex box!!

Darn those teacher salaries!

So close!

She'll send pictures which I'm thrilled about. I'm glad I've re-connected with her, and I'm oh so grateful for an awesome offer. Just can't swing that right now. And that's okay......'cause she'll still be my friend.........

next October!

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Can I go too! I'll start saving my money right now!

10:47 AM  
Blogger crazy tri mama said...

You may go too mom! I'll allow that!

12:38 PM  
Blogger :) said...

how awesome!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home