Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Training

I think it's been a while since I really did a post about training so I'm steppin' out and steppin' up! No more shoplifting antics to discuss. And no rashes to date!



The 1/2 marathon is a lovely thing! I am really enjoying this training schedule. I love the weight training, I love the cross training and I even love the running which I guess is a good thing seein' how..........yeah............um............hum................it's a running race!



One of my Disney marathon training partners from last year is repeating that whole scene in Jan. '08 and she just started her official training schedule. She e-mailed me today and asked what my long distance was for this weekend so maybe when can do it together. She said "I need to do 8"..............well good for you! I e-mailed her back and said "I need to do 7, but one more won't make any difference"! Then I thought about that. She's just starting her program. She's about 3 weeks into it. I only have 4 weeks left. She's doing 8, I'm doing 7. I really do like this 1/2 marathon idea!!!! This time last year I was on her same training schedule. About 8 weeks into the program, I couldn't run due to an injury. That's just not right! I really do like this 1/2 marathon thing.

I've been able to do some cross training that I haven't done in a long time. Tonight I got on exercise TV, my new favorite thing in the world. I did some cardio workout that was just hysterical. I laughed so hard at myself. This......guy....wait.....girl?.......guy?.....wait.........

well, I just don't know, but this person had it all mixed up. He/She was a real party dancer. It was called Cardio Party.

Let's take a trip back to my freshman year in college.

Our basketball coach made it mandatory that we take an exercise class one day a week, and lift one day a week. I took a weight lifting class for credit, and took an aerobics class at the Y. It was like Lucille Ball on ice skates. All feet, no rhythm, no idea about blocking steps and box steps, and quick ball changes...........it was just a mess. It was a mess tonight too. I laughed so hard and hit that rewind button about 5 times, and still could not keep up! It was fun though, and I got my sweat on!

Ran my 7 scheduled miles on Sunday from the Harbor to my in-laws house. It was a great run. I was relaxed and really enjoyed it. Ceito said it was more like 7.5, which is even better. And, get this............I really could have kept going. It just felt good. Ran along the lake and the water was pretty and blue and the sky was clear. Very nice. And the music..........gone, I'm so over it. It just doesn't work for me anymore. I'm to the point where I want to hear myself breathing so I can control it and feel it. So, I'm pretty happy about that. I remember when I first started doing road races and I would look at the "real runners" and notice that they didn't run with things on their ears, and I thought...........one day I'm gonna run without things on my ears, and feel good about it. I'm there sistaaas!

The last thing to mention is a bigun. I met another swimmer at the Y who is just crazy. She is organizing a swim from Presque Isle, PA (east of here) to Canada. It's about 28 miles. Yep, 28 miles! She's asked me to go along. I said, "and ride in the boat?" I got "No, you're gonna swim"!! "Oh, okay, I'm in" So, next summer I will be swimming with 10 other swimmers across the little ol' pond called Lake Erie to Canada! I'm pretty excited about that.....wait......I'm pretty nervous about that! My biggest fear in triathlon is swimming. I can pound it out with those lane lines, but dark, cold, deep, fishy water, it just freaks me out! So, this will be nothing more than open water swim training full on. We will be swimming about 2 miles at a time, then resting and back in. Hummmmmmmmmm, sounds like good Ironman training. Minus, the people swimming over top of you and punching you and kicking you and peeing in the water in front of you!

I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home