Thursday, October 11, 2007

2008 in honor of John

It is hitting me quickly that 2007 will be over in the blink of an eye. I realized it today when it was only 52 degrees outside and I couldn't wear my favorite capri pants with flip slides to school! Fall is here, and as soon as I say that it usually turns to winter around here, thus the thoughts of a NEW YEAR!

So, I've been thinking about where I would like to take my training in 2008. I'd been thinking of another marathon......It amazes me to read some bloggers lifestyles of going from one big event to another.....I've never been able to do that.....I'd like to, but I just am not there yet. The answer of the marathon just fell into place this week. My training partner works with the wife of a very sick young man in our area. He has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma........you know where I'm going already don't you??

................I'll be doing the Cleveland Marathon on May 18, 2008.....training with the Team In Training Program for the second time.............in honor of this young man who is fighting for his life as I sit here healthy, relaxed, happy, content, whole, and at peace. I will be raising money to help in the fight against horrible diseases. Children, women, men, daughters, mothers, fathers, and sons are right now on a cliff between life and death.......while I sit here munching on popcorn and organizing my "busy day tomorrow".

Why?

Because I can and he can't;

Because my life should be more than just stuff about me;

Because I lose motivation to just train to stay fit, or healthy, or so I can eat more;

Because Christ had a spirit of mercy for others so why shouldn't I;

Because, Lord forbid, should anyone in my family have one of these horrible cancers, maybe my fundraising will help to find a cure when we need it;

Because at Wildflower in '06 I met a man who had to say goodbye to his 6 year old daughter who had Leukemia, and the thought still right now brings me to tears;

Because I want to teach my kids about giving to others in need;

Because I am really so truly blessed beyond any degree of measure with the most wonderful life, so.............Why not?

Don't be surprised when you hear from me asking for donations. I will exceed the fund raising minimum and will cross the finish line in May in honor of John, and all the others before him and after him who fight for life with every breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home