Monday, August 28, 2006

"Brain.........are you in there..........hello?........hello?"

First day back to school................

High energy,

"on my game",

enjoying being back,

but having trouble getting warmed up in the cerebral hemispheres,

feeling dumb and clumsy in front of 26 students the first hour,

slowly,

slowly,

ever so slowly warming up in the 2nd hour,

sore throat,

6 hours later..................

yikes, I'm tired!!

How can I be so tired from talking for 6 hours? I'll tell ya how..........it's the fact that I'm attempting to use the brain that I haven't been using for the past 3 months. It's amazing how dumb I've gotten in the past 3 months!!! This is material that I've gone through 4 times already (I'm starting my 5th year of teaching), and I should be able to pick it up and breeze through it. No, I decided to stumble all over the place.........just in the beginning, because I am a professional after all! But, really it's amazing how quickly my brain gave me a kick and said "you really need to give me a little more caffeine to be able to talk about neuro anatomy". But, by the second hour I was on my way to brilliance! It all came back once the little bugger up there got all warmed up! I love it, love it, love it!!

Well, I'm back at it and ready to go at it full force!! My throat is sore and phlemmy (spelling?) and I'm ready for a nap, but I am out of here in 45 minutes to take a long bike ride. I'm looking forward to the air. The fresh air in my face. The "I'm free to do whatever I want to do" air in my face. I miss that feeling. I haven't been on that little red thang in about 5 weeks. I miss it, miss everything about it. So, I will re-join her.

Thursday is the day.............Winks and the start of kindergarten. I'm doing okay with the idea today. We'll see how things go on Thursday morning though. He is in class with his best friend and I'm anxious to see how that all plays out too. They will love learning, I'm just wondering if the teacher is ready for the two of them together. It could be interesting stuff!!

So for now, think of me on my red bike zooming along the lake, feeling the lake breezes, pedaling like a wild woman, cranking my heart rate up, breathing deeply and smiling........................smelling dead fish, avoiding road kill, catching bugs in my teeth!!! Hee, Hee!!! Fun stuff!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

What a riot! I'm glad I'm not the only one to have to jumpstart the gray matter once in a while.

And I wish I was riding along the lake with you on my blue Penelope! Not that I'd be able to keep up, but it would still be a nice ride! Looking forward to seeing you and Bug on Saturday - get ready for spaghetti! Yumm.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home