Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Some Like it Hot....

I. DO. NOT.

It's just too hot for me today. Outside it was 93, inside it was 83. Every year when it gets this miserable I say, "Okay, I'm going to stash some money away without Ceito knowing it....enough to put central air in before next summer" Do I do it? I do not. And I'm crabby? Downright crabby!

There has been one escape. My in-laws moved into a house in April that has a beautiful in-ground pool. It has become my families get-away this summer. My mother-in-law is also a teacher, so she is home during the summer, and fine with us hangin' at her house all day long. She even makes dinner for us most nights, because yes we are still here. I feel bad about the dinner part a lot. She does a ton for my family and I know that she shows love through cooking and caring for her family, but it makes me feel guilty sometimes. Love it....yes, guilty......yes!

Well, they are on vacation this week so Winks, The Bug and I have been pool sitting. I must say it's the best job I've ever had. Here by 10am and out around 8pm. It's hard work too! I had a few friends over yesterday to help me out with the tough job I've been given. About 15 of us handled the job well! Tonight Ceito came along and we had some family time, then some Pizzi's Pizza..............yummy stuff, but not on the diet. I did have 2 slices though, and followed it up with an ice cream sandwich..........thank goodness for flex points!!!!

So, I'm posting this from the in-laws house. Winks is dying to get on here and play some games, so I'll move on and go check the pool again.............hey, someone could have done something horrible to it while I was in here............just doing my job!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home