Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"I Said It First!"

I'm laughing my head off thinking about the converstation I had with my 5 year old last night.

We're in the van on the way home from pool-sitting (tough day) and Winks starts talking about getting married. He was talking for a few seconds (okay a few minutes) before my mind clicked into his conversation. This child will talk non-stop, no joke..........so sometimes I tune it out....bad mom i know, i know! Anyway, he was talking and talking and talking about getting married. He has been saying that he is going to live with me forever, so hearing him talk about becoming independent tugged at my ears.

"Mommy I'm going to marry Adrianna"

Adrianna is a girl who was in his pre-school class the past 2 years. Very cute. Very smart. And they shared a ride in the big red skate at her 4th birthday party. She got to pick 2 people to go with her and she picked her brother and Winks. It's been all about Adrianna ever since!!!

"Okay, when did you decide this?"

"I decided it a long time ago"

"Wow, so you are going to marry Adrianna, then move away from mommy?"

"No, we'll get married and live with you"

"No, that won't work honey you'll need your own house and own things to marry Adrianna"

"Well, I don't know if she'll marry me or not because she'll have to choose"

"Yes, you and she will both have to choose"

"I don't have to choose, I'm going to marry her. But she will have to choose between me and Nathan"

Nathan is another boy in his class. Good kid, but no match for Winks with the Adrianna subject.

"So why will she have to choose between you and Nathan?"

"Because one day at school Nathan came in and said he was going to marry her, after I had already said I was going to. So I said it first, but then he came in saying that he was going to. So I thought he was just joking since he knew I was going to marry her. But he said he wasn't. So, she is just going to have to choose between us."

"And who do you think she will choose?"

"Well...........I think she'll choose me, because I said it first"

I left it at that, because really in a 5 year old's mind that's all that matters. He said it first and that's the way it's going to be. I didn't go on to tell him that if that's the way it really worked then mommy would be pretty unhappy right now in her life.

The bum magnet life I led would have brought me much sadness I think! I didn't say it first, but I'm so happy that almost10 years ago I said that I would marry Ceito. It was right after our first date. I just could not believe that I could click like that with someone so amazing. I really thought that I would never meet someone like him. Someone so loving and caring and supportive. And he can really paint well too!

Anyway, I've been thinking about that conversation all morning and thought I would share it.

ta ta for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home