Monday, August 21, 2006

Academics galore!!

It's been a while since I've posted anything. So sorry, but life is crazy prior to the beginning of a new school year. This is the first year that I am preparing not only myself, but all members of my family for some sort of "school".

Ceito is a public school teacher. He is moving into a brand new multi-million dollar high school which has been a very, very long time coming for this community. I toured it with him last week and must say that I was choked up a few times at its beauty and the opportunities that it brings our community. It's really just amazing what a building could possibly do to an entire community. I always pray for his safety while he is in school, and that he will be a beacon of God's grace and love through his actions and his words to his students.

Winks will be starting Kindergarten as discussed earlier this summer! I've got to tell you that this child is aching for school! He talks about it constantly and is so excited to begin this new life of his! Mommy is coming around to the idea, but I do have some reservations! I am sending a bright, confident, energetic, peaceful (at times), loving, caring, joyful, thoughtful child to a public school. I am in no way stating that public schools are the best or worst for kids like him. My concerns for him are that he will lose the endearing qualities and characteristics that I have listed above. My prayers for him center around him connecting with his education while at the same time being insulated from the "things" of this world that a 5 year old should not have to deal with. He will see things that he will not understand, and I pray he will not want to understand. My prayer for Ceito and I is that we continue to show him that he is in this world but not of it. I will tell him everyday to be a blessing to someone, show God's love through his actions and words.

My little Bug will begin her first year of preschool. A wonderful program that Winks went through as well. It's only 2 mornings a week 2 1/2 hours of controlled play resembling learning through activities and involvement with other 3 year olds. I'm exicited to see her bloom. Thus far, all she understands is that Wink's school, is now her school. She really has no thoughts about what she will encounter other than her teacher will be Mrs. Cinderelly (Mrs. Cimorelli), and that she will wear a dress her first day! My prayer for her is that she doesn't get kicked out..................just kidding! She is a very vibrant, one minded child (her way!) I pray that she will continue to grow and mature and learn, and that she will love her new surroundings and show others God's love.

I just hope that I will be ready for what will be an exciting fall semester. I have a group of very intelligent students with me this semester and I hope that are ready to pull up their big girl/boy panties and get to work!! Fall semester is my condensed semester, 16 weeks of work into 8, then the rest of the semester I'm only on campus 1 day a week. It's a lot of work, but it's also my favorite work...........neuro, rehab, geriatrics, strokes, head injuries...........love it! I pray everyday that my words will be thoughtful, and thought provoking. I want my students to enjoy my classes, and to know that their success is important to me. Most importantly, I want them to look at me and wonder why I'm differnet from other professors that they may have encountered. I cannot discuss my beliefs, but I can make them wonder why I shine so brightly. I am proof that God loves everyone, I know that He has a wonderful future for me, and I embrace that everyday. A bad day happens, but it's only a day! A speck of sand on an endless beach of eternity. God's grace flows in and out of me!

So, that's in a nut shell what is going on as far as school prep at our house!!!

Running is going better. I left my shoes at my parent's house in Columbus. So, I haven't had the cushioning that I'm used to with the Saucony's. But, it must be the Wildflower spirit still on my trail shoes that has carried me to some good runs in the past week. It could also be the music that I've been listening to. I like to listen to praise and worship music when I go on my longer runs. It's inspiring and up lifting. What better place to listen to that kind of music than surrounded by God's handy-work! I got a copy of music that my brother helped with. He is in a praise band at his church. These people are very gifted!! I love every song on there. The lead singer is amazing and the music that these people can put out is beautiful! My favorite today is Shout! Love it, pumps me up! I was in their church last week, and it really is like going to a concert! No sleeping there!!! Thanks for the tunes bro..........and dad who copied it!!

I started lifting at home again. I like to do what I call peripheral body pumping circuits. I do an upper body lift 12-15 reps, then quickly switch to a lower body lift for 12-15 reps, then on to a core move, then rest about 30 seconds and move on. I don't plan the lifts I just think about the next one while I'm doing one, and work about 40 minutes. I, historically, have not embraced weight training with endurance training. I find it difficult to run/bike on sore legs that have lactic acid achiness! But, I'll get back into it. It's one of those things that I know I should do, but don't............like flossing!

Last words.............please pray for my cousin Phillip leaving for Iraq tomorrow. May God guide him and his unit in safety and bring him home unscathed by things he may see and do.

I must return to my academic mind now..............syllabi, notes, books, calendars!!!! Love it!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home