Monday, January 29, 2007

It just doesn't matter!


My family has encountered a scary weekend. Winks has been not well for some time, and a doctor's appointment with tests and blood work results were worrisome. 24 hours of worry, but more prayer and tears than worry, climaxed with a visit to Rainbow Children's Hospital in Cleveland. Thank you to all of my close friends and family from Ashtabula, Cleveland, Columbus, Florida and all points between who were diligent to God's word and prayed without ceasing for a good outcome. Our good outcome arrived and although he is still not 100% physically our Winks is home. He had a follow-up today with his pediatrician and we are continuing to pray and believe that he will be well.

NOTHING, and I do mean NOT ONE OTHER THING, matters when you see your child laying on the floor, or lying on a table with EKG leads hooked to him, nothing, nothing, nothing!!! It just doesn't matter where the rest of the world is at that point. My work, my life, my desires, my needs............nothing! God's purpose for my life as a mom was quickly put to the test, and my prayers were NEVER over! Continually asking for strength, wisdom and peace as I look at that child who is scared and wondering what is going on!

This all sounds confusing to some of you who have no idea what has happened. Just know that prayer is very powerful. Reach out in times of need, and also when your days are bright. Today is bright as the morning sun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

What a boy he is! Always remember the scripture that got us through some wearisome days and nights - Isaish 54:13. The rest of that chapter is great too. God's word is always, always, always an anchor even in the worst of times. And give him a hug for me, I miss him and Bugs, but we'll be there Saturday celebrating a wonderful life that began just over six years ago.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home