Monday, January 01, 2007

Hodge, Podge on Day 1, 2007

Happy 2007!! Crazy ain't it......yes mom I just said ain't it!! Thousands of dollars of higher education and many years being filled up by the finest educators, and I said ain't it......aren't you proud?? I remember thinking that the year 2000 seemed so far off, now here we are seven short years beyond that!! So God bless you and yours in 2007. I prayed last night with Winks and The Bug about how blessed 2006 was and how I look forward to what He has in plan for us for 2007!!

Yeah, so I'm a slacker! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Also, I have not yet figured out why my new pictures taken with my new digital camera are not cooperating with blogger. I've messed around with the size and that does not seem to help......don't know......when I have more time I'll work on it more.

Most people who know me know that I do not have computer at home. Yeah, I know it's 2007 now, but it just hasn't been a priority in our budget, so that being said, I only blog at school, which has been out now for about 5 weeks. I know I'm full of excuses! But, I'm harboring my in-laws computer right now, just to put in a few words and to check in with some other bloggers. I've missed checking daily since I'm not a school. Our hope is that we will have a home computer by this spring.......we'll see how good Uncle Sam is to us. By that time, I hope to have this picture thing figured out. IronJenny wants to learn video, that would be cool! Ask Taconite Boy, he posted video of the tattoing post Ironman Florida!!!

On the training front. I am 6 days out from Disney Marathon!!! And, on a good note, I have not had any leg pain whatsoever while walking for the past 6 days. I even jumped on it a few hours ago and no shooting pain, no tendon pain, no yucky aches!! So I'm happy about that. We'll see on Sunday how well my cardio plan held out......the leg will just be along for the ride. I'm approaching this as 26 little 1 mile runs.......no big deal right??????? Hey, they even have a chocolate stop........that's something to run for right???????? I'll be wearing a bumper sticker on my "bumper" that says If you are reading this I'm not last!! We got it from a friend who did the Chicago Marathon this past fall. Cute!!

So, I'll be working at a clinic the 2 days after the race......a good friend needs a break.......I can't say no...........i'm more worried about that than the actual race!!!!! I told him if he didn't mind me whining around all day that I would do it for him........his response?......."what's new!!!" Hah! Whatever!!! You can count on one thing......that medal will be around my neck on Monday and every patient will know what this ol' girl just did!!!

So, Happy New Year! Check on me next week for a post race run-down.

2 Comments:

Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Ah -ha!! I see you've been spammed!
Happy New Year!
You have been so good about resting - and you will see next week that you are still ready for your race. Have fun, bring your camera - take it all in.
Good luck - and figure out how to post your picture wearing your marathon "jewelry"!
Jenny

5:20 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I'm so excited for you! This is something I thought about doing some years back, before my feet started acting up. Wish your dad and I could be there to cheer you on. Maybe Barb & Dave will call out a few cheers on our behalf. We will watch your progress on line.

Oh, and we loved hearing from Winks and Bugs last night. Winks didn't know what a resolution was though, guess that means he didn't make one and he won't break one. Though, knowing Winks, I can't imagine a resolution he wouldn't keep! Nope, wouldn't happen! Send pics of you and the jewelry!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home