Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A new top 10 list

So, I did 18 miles on a treadmill on Saturday! Yep, 18 miles on a conveyor belt,it was a load of fun! So, while I was running I was thinking of how there are some good points to this and some bad points to this. I should enlighten others just in case they ever think about doing this sort of thing in the future. You know you should always try to learn from others!

So here are the top 10.............the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Top 5 Reasons Why Running 18 miles on a treadmill is a BAD idea!

#5 Your beautifully decorated-for-Christmas living room WILL smell like a sweaty locker room after about one and 1/2 hours! No amount of deodorant will help, it is inevitable!!

#4 "I can't possibly look at these stupid numbers on this stupid treadmill for another stupid second!", is said after approximately 2 hours...........then you continue saying it throughout the remaining hour on the stupid treadmill!!

#3 Your husband/wife/significant other will hound you about your speed, your gait, your water intake, your sweaty smelly down-right nasty stench, and will do it all while standing there SMILING while you suffer along!! "Hummmpphh...........yah, let's see you get up here and do this, and look as cute as I do while doing it..........sweaty, but still cute!!!

#2 It hurts to run that far. So after you finish you will want to ice down a calf/lower leg that has been hurting for the past 2 hours. So, you'll put your ice pack right onto the skin because you only have a few minutes to ice before you have to go get the curtain climbers at the in-laws. That ice to the skin thing.............it hurts too...............but, not just because it's cold...............you will get frost-bite/burns from chemical ice packs put right on the skin! Yep, I still have the burns......yep they still hurt....nope I haven't shaved that leg in 6 days!!!

The #1 reason running 18 miles on a treadmill is a BAD idea...............

Did you ever wonder what happens to the treadmill when the timer reaches 99 minutes and 60 seconds since it doesn't have another space for 100 plus minutes? I did............then I found out! The treadmill stops on a dime!!! Go from 6.0 miles per hour to zero in about 2 seconds........very bad........very, very bad!!! I did not fall but it was not pretty, it was cute, but not pretty!!

Being the optimist that I am, I must include some positives. So, the top 5 reasons running 18 miles on a treadmill is a GOOD idea.............

#5 Dude, it's 20 degrees outside with 40-50 mph gusts, and snowing............no explaination needed!

#4 I got to watch The Santa Clause 1, and The Santa Clause 2, then took Winks and The Bug that afternoon to see The Santa Clause 3! Pretty impressive!! A Trilogy!

#3 I put the race course map on the treadmill and took water breaks at the same time they will occur on race day. Yeah, that's just smart! I know, I know my brain-power amazes you!!

#2 I burned 2,860 calories!! Wow! I was impressed until Ceito chimed in and said, "that's not even a full pound!" Whatever!!!! So, 3,500 calories to burn one pound! I just wanted to smack him!!

The #1 Reason that running 18 miles on a Treadmill is a GOOD idea..............

Did you know that your treadmill makes a great trash organizer? I took in one power gel every 45-60 minutes. I just dropped them on the belt and whoosh they went back behind me into a nice neat little pile I picked up afterward. I should have put a trash can back there, but hey I learned something to make it better next time.

OH MY GOSH, I just typed NEXT TIME!

That means I will do it again?

Probably!

Really the best reason that running 18 miles on a treadmill is a GOOD idea is this one.............

#1 Because I CAN!!

Peace, Love and Doin' it with a SMILE,
Crazy Trimama.................OUT!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Six days without shaving your legs? That's just not right! But I agree, inside on a conveyor belt beats outside in 20 degrees ANYTIME! That's why I have that ski machine at home, ski without ever having to fall in the snow - now all your dad needs to do is find the skis so that I can actually use it! Well, keep running, I know I really miss doing that myself!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

Hey you girl you. I just posted a new message myself. I have'nt done any blogging for months. It's good to be back.
your loving bro, Donald

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home