Thursday, January 11, 2007

The conversation........

Crazy Trimama......"wow that was a whole lotta fun", while looking at pics on the camera from the marathon, "look at that big grin on my face!", while looking at pics from mile 19 on the camera

Ceito......."yeah it looked like you were having a great time"

Crazy Trimama....."I really did have a great time! It's crazy to think that someone can have so much fun while her legs are cramping and her toes are screaming for air, but it was tons of fun!"

Ceito......"yeah, not many people in our big world can say they have run a marathon.....I'm really very proud of you, you did something really big and cool!"

Crazy Trimama.....almost in tears....."thank you, that makes it all worth it"

So I finished!!!! And that conversation really made me realize that I've done something that only about 1.7% of people ever do! Complete a marathon! 2 years ago I said, I'll never even try a marathon, it sounds so boring! Now I've done it and I'd do it again, at least the Disney marathon
I'd consider doing again.........it was a hoot.......too fun to be painful!
'

I'll give you the full run-down tomorrow, along with pics. Right now I have syllabi that need to be done in the next hour. I've already gotten the which is harder a tri or a marathon questions.......well, the answer to that it that it depends on what tri you are talking about. I think sprint tris are much, much easier than a marathon, but Wildflower Tri is much more difficult to complete than the Disney marathon. My Ironman dreams remain.....but, my marathon has to be much quicker in order to make a 1/2 cut-off time. One of my partners was sick and we stayed with her to the finish, so some walking was done, and I'm not sure that would cut it in Ironman.

So, CrazyTrimama has done the marathon she never thought possible, but don't count on me becoming a full-time marathoner. My body misses the water and my butt screams for a saddle!! Soooooooo, what's next? Tune in tomorrow!!

1 Comments:

Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

You did great. You have not one but two things to be proud of... finishing a marathon, and sticking it out with a friend when most people wouldn't have hindered their marathon dream to do that. You are a fine person in the game of life.
Jenny

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home