Friday, October 13, 2006

So.............got good news on the MRI................no stress fracture!!!

Yeah!!

Lots of tendon inflammation, but no bony changes.

I'm super happy about that. What I'm not happy about is that ol' kissy poo sent me to Physical Therapy.

hummmph, I can do this on my own, can't I?? Apparently not! It is hard to watch yourself run and do any type of gait assessment on yourself. So, I get it, I get it, go see your friend and have him berate you about how inflexible you are, how goofy your running gait looks, and how bad of a patient you are......okay, okay, I'll go!!

So I went. And, his receptionist thought I was crazy for coming to P.T., and I sounded stupid in front of him..........because as every therapist who is also an athlete knows; when a therapist gets injured they get dumb! Yep, down right lost your mind, no point in trying to make any sense, should have never spent hundereds of thousands of dollars of your parents hard earned cash on higher education, stupid! Even Dr. Kissy Poo looked at me and said......

"now tell me straight up what you would say to your patient who was coming to you with their foot all outta wack?"

"well, first I would look at their shoes; check wear patterns, check insole presentation, check stability in the mid and forefoot; then take a look at the patient's strength in both lower extremities from the hip down; then check flexibilty; then set up a revised (lower mileage) training schedule after any temporary orthotic issues are addressed."

"goof ball.............what is your problem..........you've gotten dumb, just because it's your foot doesn't mean you have to pretend you don't know what you are doing"!!! "Go to P.T., I'm done with you"

"Fine, don't send me any bills either!" That one went over really well!!! I saw him at a function at school last night, and he handed me his bill. See if I ever kiss him again!!!!

So P.T. was humiliating. They made fun of me and belittled me, then put stuff in my shoes. I'm walking and running on speed bumps now. No fun, but no pain so far!!

7 miles tomorrow, which is goofy since I did 10 last week. But I'm sticking to the program. Feeling good. Ate pancakes this morning without guilt...........yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home